TOPICS & CATEGORIES
By Leslie Spotswood, ADL Initiative
The Advanced Distributed Learning (ADL) Initiative hosted a principal investigators (PI) meeting on April 5-6 at the Alexandria Co-Lab. The meeting goals were to:
- Increase the potential for interagency collaboration
- Share project updates and increase collaboration among ADL performers
- Socialize the ADL vision, strategy, and goals
A total of 13 PI organizations and 15 stakeholder organizations were represented. Stakeholders included 22 representatives from the DoD, three representatives from other federal agencies, and five representatives from academia/other.
The agenda centered on some of ADL’s research focus areas:
- Learning Analytics and Performance Modeling
- Learning Theory
- Mobile Learning (mLearning) and Mobile Performance Support
- eLearning (web-based learning)
- Web-based Virtual Worlds and Simulations
- Total Learning Architecture (TLA)
Additionally, our stakeholders provided Ignite-style presentations on their related Learning Science and Technology portfolios. Team Orlando members, U.S. Army Research Laboratory (ARL) presented on their work related to distributed tutoring frameworks, and Naval Air Warfare Center Training Systems Division (NAWCTSD) presented on the future of Navy mobile learning.
Overall, the meeting was a huge success in terms of collaboration opportunities and momentum towards a FY 2017 Total Learning Architecture demo, in which many of ADL’s research projects will be integrated into a larger learning ecosystem.
People who read this article also found these articles interesting :
- Published On: May 11, 20235.2 min read
- Published On: April 13, 20233.2 min read
- Published On: March 16, 20231.7 min read