By adding your email address, you are subscribing to the Team Orlando News newsletter. Team Orlando News does not share subscriber data under any circumstance. You can unsubscribe at anytime.
Influential Leaders to Discuss Online Education Progress at iFEST 2021
TOPICS & CATEGORIES
ARLINGTON, VA – Following a year of unprecedented challenges to deliver education and training, organizations are now applying acquired knowledge from the pandemic to create a future instruction ecosystem. This finds us “Learning and Thriving In the New Normal,” the theme of iFEST 2021.
This virtual event, taking place August 31-Sept. 2, is presented by the National Training and Simulation Association in collaboration with the Advanced Distributed Learning Initiative.
To explore these changes and their resulting successes, iFEST welcomes these distinguished speakers:
• Rep. Bobby Scott (D-VA), Chairman of the House Education and Labor Committee
• Major General Donn H. Hill, Deputy Commanding General – Education (DCG-E), Provost Army University, and Deputy Commandant Command and General Staff College
• Dustin Brown, Deputy Assistant Director for Management in the Office of Management and Budget
iFEST also features “Learning, Development and Data … On the Rocks!” a livestream panel discussion to be aired on the popular War on the Rocks podcast. On the panel:
• Major General Andrea D. Tullos, Deputy Commander of the Air Force Air Education and Training Command
• Brigadier General Charles T. Lombardo, Deputy Commander for Training at the Army Combined Arms Center
• Honorable Alan Shaffer, Regent at the Potomac Institute for Policy Studies, former Deputy Undersecretary of Defense for Acquisition and Sustainment, and former Director of the NATO Collaboration Support Office
This panel will take audience questions as they discuss the future of an artificial intelligence-informed, data-centric, hire-to-retire continuum of learning.
Listen and learn from these leaders, experts and more from the Defense Department, NATO and other foreign military organizations, Amazon Web Services, edX, Intel Corp., Microsoft and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation. Peruse the technical presentations, tutorials and exhibits, all available online.
This event is open to media. For more information including registration, click here. For media queries, contact Evamarie Socha at esocha@NDIA.org.
For more information about the Advanced Distributed Learning Initiative, click here.
Team Orlando News offers two options of event listings:
A complimentary event listing includes the name and date of your event, as well as a link to your event’s website. Event listings must be approved by Team Orlando News staff and are then posted on the Event page; these listings appear in date order.
A signature event listing is featured on the Events page and includes all of the above, plus a description (up to 400 characters), entry fee, where the event is located and one featured image/photo. The cost per signature listing is $150.