By adding your email address, you are subscribing to the Team Orlando News newsletter. Team Orlando News does not share subscriber data under any circumstance. You can unsubscribe at anytime.
SMST Director Dr. Grace Bochenek Selected to Academy of Science, Engineering and Medicine of Florida
TOPICS & CATEGORIES
University of Central Florida (UCF) School of Modeling, Simulation, and Training (SMST) Director, Dr. Grace Bochenek, was recently elected to the Academy of Science, Engineering, and Medicine of Florida (ASEMFL). Bochenek’s induction will take place during the Academy’s annual meeting in November 2022.
The ASEMFL undertakes, or contracts for, studies of interest in the areas of science, engineering, and medicine, which inform the Florida community of current and future challenges facing global society. With the results of these studies, the ASEMFL engages the community in discussions to address these challenges.
Bochenek was selected to the Academy for her “contributions in modeling and simulation” according to the citation.
“I am truly honored by my selection to ASEMFL,” said Bochenek. “It is an even greater honor to be included in this prestigious group of impactful leaders, scientist and engineers.”
Alongside her colleagues in the ASEMFL, Bochenek will serve its mission to:
• Recognize the work of individuals in the state of Florida who have made major achievements in science, engineering and medicine.
• Bring state-of-the-art research and education conducted in Florida’s universities, industries, and other academic entities to the national and international forefront.
• Attract individuals with impactful scientific accomplishments and national or international recognition to the state of Florida.
• Break geographical barriers to the enhancement of collaborations and partnerships for those with common research and educational pursuits for the benefit of the state, the nation, and the global community.
• Inspire involvement and guide the direction of the future generations in science, engineering, and medicine.
In the same way the National Academy of Science, Engineering and Medicine serves the nation, ASEMFL serves the state of Florida. Individuals who have made a significant impact to society in the areas of science, engineering, and medicine; are members of one of the three National Academies; and work or reside in Florida may be selected to the ASEMFL.
People who read this article also found these articles interesting :
Team Orlando News offers two options of event listings:
A complimentary event listing includes the name and date of your event, as well as a link to your event’s website. Event listings must be approved by Team Orlando News staff and are then posted on the Event page; these listings appear in date order.
A signature event listing is featured on the Events page and includes all of the above, plus a description (up to 400 characters), entry fee, where the event is located and one featured image/photo. The cost per signature listing is $150.