TOPICS & CATEGORIES
By Leslie Spotswood, ADL Initiative
It’s time to register for the Virtual World (VW) Sandbox PlugFest Activity on Dec. 2!
The VW Sandbox is a free, open source game development tool that enables users to collaboratively author and deploy 2D/3D simulations and games via any internet connection—with absolutely no software installation required. It is similar to Google Docs; multiple users are able to access the simulation through a web address, chat with each other while in the simulation, and make changes to content at the same time.
The Sandbox comes with a large library of 3D models, embedded physics, and extendable behavior scripts. Plus, Sandbox simulations support robust human performance assessment and integrate seamlessly with Experience API (xAPI).
After attending this event, you will be able to design, publish, and play your own simulation and can bring back a new, open-license tool to enhance your organization’s training and education.
Registration is only $95 and includes access to the exhibit floor, any of the day’s events and papers, and lunch! (Please note if you have already registered for the full week of I/ITSEC, registration for the PlugFest Activity is included).
Follow the steps below to register:
1. Go to https://secure2.rhq.com/iitsec/iitsec2015/public/index.cgi?track=attendee and begin completing the registration information.
2. On the bottom of the “Registration Step 2,” you will see “If you have a promotional code, please enter it here:”
3. Enter “PLGFST” in the box.
4. In “Registration Step 3,” under Registration Type select the Wednesday Only option and continue with the registration process.
We hope to see you there!
People who read this article also found these articles interesting :
- Published On: September 7, 20224.3 min read
Air Force, DOD Plan to Create First Historically Black Colleges and Universities-led Affiliated Research CenterPublished On: July 6, 20223.8 min read
- Published On: April 13, 20221.7 min read
- Published On: February 11, 20222.4 min read